Mononoke aftermath

Brian Dunn b1dunn
Sun Jan 16 02:14:16 EST 2000

> >Isn't this what happened with Kitanos' -Sonatine- as well? Miramax bought
> >the U.S. rights, and then held it for years on their shelves?
>
>They have been doing the same with a handful of Jackie Chan films as
>well...

So were they holding on to Mononoke Hime to capitalize on the Pokemon
release?  And it turned out badly?  It seems as if they had Mononoke Hime on
hold forever, but whether this was due to actual delays or marketing
strategy, I'm not sure.  It seems that the Jackie Chan films are being
released over a period of time so as to not flood the market all at once.

Brian Dunn

b1dunn at hotmail.com