pink eiga

Jiwon Ahn jiwonahn at mediaone.net
Wed Nov 8 09:13:45 EST 2000

I am doing a resesarch on pink eiga (or any softcore porn movies) of the 60s and 70s. Is there any materials written on the topic (in English)? I am specifically interested in looking at the historical context of the genre: how those films were received by the Japanese audiences at that time and especially what were female audiences' reactions like? What would be good sources to look at for these questions and where could I find those materials? Any information would be enormously helpful to me. Thanks!