Stella Dallas P.S.

Livia Monnet monnetr at LITTCO.UMontreal.CA
Thu Nov 9 12:20:27 EST 2000

There a series of articles on Stella Dallas in a recent issue of Cinema
Journal,either fall 1999 or spring 2000.This is on a different topic,but
could anyone on the list direct me to an Amazon.com-like online site that
also sells Japanese/Chinese/Asian DVDs and videos,of course not only fro
the japanses or Asian market. .The Japanese Amazon.com has only
books.Thanks.LM  At 08:40 00-11-09 -0500, you wrote:

>On the topic of Stella Dallas and Japan:
>Yoshiya Nobuko published a serialized prose version of Stella Dallas in the
>magazine Fujin Kurabu.  She gave it the title Haha no kyoku which was
>itself made into a Japanese film by that name.
>
>Chika Kinoshita graduate student at the University of Chicago has been
>working on this.
>
>Sarah Frederick
>************
>Sarah Frederick, Asst. Professor of Japanese
>Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures
>Boston University
>sfred at bu.edu

Livia Monnet
Dept.de littérature comparée/Dept.ofComparative Literature
Université de Montreal/University of Montreal
3150 Jean Brillant, Pav. Lionel-Groulx,8e ét./8th floor,C-8116/8117
C.P. 6128, Succ. Centre-Ville
Montreal, QC, Canada
H3C 3J7

Phone (514) 343-6340