pink eiga - Superficial Journeys

wlt4 at mindspring.com wlt4 at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 10 09:42:20 EST 2000

>Pinku may make up a disproportionately large amount of Japanese >cinematic output compared with other countries, yet

I've been hearing this for years but wonder what it's based on.  If most pinku today are direct-to-video then any comparisons to the US would have to include the extremely large output of the American porn industry which I don't think is ever included in estimates of American film/video production.  Or are there a significant number of theatrical pinku nowadays?