Colorado Conference---catharsis/divorce/sex

kiseko minaguchi kiko
Mon Nov 6 23:25:10 EST 2000

I am not quite informed of the Nikkatsu porno's industry and cannot follow
Markus' s  question he raises about Hama's position as a feminist filmmaker,
I would like to ask for his help with clarifying what he exactly means by a
feminist filmmaker. How Is a female filmmaker different from feminist
filmmker? I understand there is a rich variety in the feminists whether in
plitics or in critics. My general assumption of it is that a feminist is
concerned about her and others' subjectivity in the politics where
patriarchy is more predominant than matriarchy. I often get stuck, thus,
when I deal with the issues of power balancing in matriarchy. If the
matriarchy is structured within patriarchy, we could argue feminism there,
but if not, what would happen  to "ooku " in Heian period and contemporary
"Takarazuka " which are women's hierarchical societies?
Minaguchi, Teikyo U.