No subject

J Rand axis
Fri Oct 13 12:00:45 EDT 2000

Having recently completed a Masters Degree looking at the work of Yasujiro
Ozu I am now considering undertaking a Phd  on some aspect of Japanese
cinema.  I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on how I might get
to view a reasonably wide spectrum of Japanese cinema as the location where
I live in South West England makes this really difficult.  I cannot afford
to travel widely to film festivals and read rather enviously the list of
Mitzoguchi films to be seen in Munich.  The difficulty of viewing these
films automatically puts them into an exclusive category which apart from
being very frustrating for people like myself, I think is also a great shame
for the cinema going population at large.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Janet