A very practical question regarding Japanese electricity supplies

Peerpee@aol.com Peerpee
Wed Sep 20 11:03:23 EDT 2000

I envy your upcoming journey!

If you haven't already, I heartily recommend Englishman Alan Booth's two books "The Roads To Sata" and "Looking For The Lost" detailing his travels around Japan on foot.

They are the most rewarding travel books i have ever read, anyone else read them?

Regarding Japanese power supply -- I'm pretty sure you need a step-up transformer (from 110-120V to 220-240V) -- one that has the two prong for the Japanese wall socket, and on the transformer itself a three prong so you can plug the European plug of your camcorder/minidisc/whatever into it.

have a safe journey!
-Nick>-