shoujo in postwar film

Christine R Yano cryano
Sat Apr 7 16:10:37 EDT 2001

Sorry for my lack of explanation.  "Shoujo" is pre-marital female, whose
age can range anywhere from 10-20+.  "Teenage girl" is one way of putting
it, but it's a broader category with historically shifting cultural
implications (those shifts are part of my study).
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify.

Christine R. Yano
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Department of Anthropology
Social Science Bldg 316, 2424 Maile Way