Japanese pop band movies

Pete Larson bulb
Thu Aug 16 10:02:17 EDT 2001

Woops, look like "Andoromedia" is what started this thread.  I didn't
realize Miike had directed that, that must be why is stood out so well from
the rest of the movies in this genre. There are several that I can think of
a few that have already been mentioned, but Sharan Q had a movie a while
back.

Does anybody have (or know of where to get) a copy of the Guitar Wolf movie?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
[mailto:owner-KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu]On Behalf Of Tom Mes
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 11:11 AM
To: KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Japanese pop band movies

Since I'm currently working on a review of Takashi Miike's ANDROMEDIA for
Midnight Eye, I was wondering if there are any other Japanese films made
around popular bands, preferably predating Andromedia (1998).

I know a lot of Japanese actors are ex-musicians, from Mickey Curtis to
Masahiro Motoki, but does anyone know of films, aside from Andromedia
specifically made about popular bands, in the vein of A Hard Day's Night (or
Spice World, if you will)?

Tom
Midnight Eye
http://www.midnighteye.com