New books (E+J)

Bill Glenn vze29fhz
Fri Aug 31 01:24:34 EDT 2001

Thank you, it is always nice to learn of new books.  Recently, I found and  bought
"In Praise of Film Studies Essays in Honor of Makino Mamoru" from Barnes and
Noble.  It is very interesting.  I remember you mentioning Kinugassa once, is your
work completed?

By the way, the Ichikawa Kon Retrospective is currently in Boston at the Museum of
Fine Arts.  I was very happy to be able to see several films like Nihonbashi,
Kokoro and Enjo...  James Quandt, who organized this retrospective was there to
introduce the films and share some of his illuminating insight.   There is a
wonderful book to accompany the retrospective available.
Best regards,
Bill Glenn
Boston