ICHI THE KILLER

Giacomo Calorio karisuma at tiscalinet.it
Thu Dec 13 07:11:06 EST 2001

I'm wondering if Ichi's character is really the main character or not.
What's Jiji? Is he God? So maybe Ichi should be the Adam and the movie
is the tale of Man, a living being who acts and suffers without knowing why?
Uhm... it seems quite strange for a Japanese director. But I think the
whole movie should be seen in Jiji's perspective, not in Ichi's one.
Kakihara is looking for the Real Sadist, that is the man who makes
people suffer without reason. This is not Ichi, but Jiji. Why Jiji
hypnotise everybody making them collapse against each other? (I mean
Ichi, Kakihara, the chinese girl, the yakuza who sees Jiji as a brawny
man...).

It's just my personal opinion and I'm not so sure about it.

bye

Giacomo Calorio