IMDB

Lang Thompson wlt4
Tue Jan 30 23:23:48 EST 2001

As it says this is a nonexclusive right so there shouldn't be any problem.
(& in the US, information is not copyrightable, only its expression.)  I
don't submit "thoughts and knowledge" anyway but credits and occasional
trivia bits, none of which is owned or created by me.   LT

>IMDB seems like a great tool yes, but I am wondering what other people
think about submitting their thoughts and knowledge into a database owned
by a commercial interest (IMDB is "an Amazon.com company"). Couldnt one
later run into trouble, for instance if one were to use the same
information in publications, etc?  I quote from http://us.imdb.com/Copyright:

>"User Posted Material
>If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate
otherwise, you grant IMDb.com and its affiliates a nonexclusive,
royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use,
reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from,
distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. "