Kazuyoshi Kumakiri

Tom Mes china_crisis at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:14:32 EDT 2001

Dear Kinejapanners,

This week's edition of Midnight Eye features an interview with young
director Kazuyoshi Kumakiri, who talks about his sophomore effort Hole in
the Sky (Sora No Anna). Kumakiri also goes into quite a lot of detail about
his feature debut, the notorious Kichiku Dai Enkai and his early short
films.

Speaking of Hole in the Sky, can anyone inform me about the film's release
in Japan and how it fared? I could be wrong, but I believe it received a
very limited theatrical release in Tokyo last April.

Tom Mes
Midnight Eye - japan_cult_cinema
http://www.midnighteye.com