Love/Juice and the Shindos

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp
Sat Jun 23 05:26:30 EDT 2001

>Maybe the movie has a chance to be screened in other countries as well.

Oh, I certainly hope so. I picked up my DVD copy in Japan at vast expense,
and I would say its pretty way up there in my Desert Island DVD selection.
There is no reason at all why this shouldn't get a wider distribution around
Europe and the rest of the world.
Then again, if it takes TOKYO DECADENCE over 8 years to get a theatrical
release in the UK, then I guess patience does pay off to some extent. (The
UK seems to be having a bit of a renaissance as far as 'High Class Erotica'
goes at the moment, the Porno Chic craze which hit the rest of Europe in the
mid-70s has finally made it across the Channel a quarter of a century later)
Talking of the Shindos, did anyone else see THE PERFECT EDUCATION and was
completely baffled by how mesmerisingly idiotic the whole thing was? That an
anyone should be capable of coming up with such an ill-conceived concept is
one thing, but from Kaneto Shindo! I understand that the director, Ben WADA
is a bit of an industry veteran himself, though of TV in this instance. Does
any one know any details?

Jasper Sharp
Midnight Eye - japan_cult_cinema
www.midnighteye.com