Shin Toho question

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp
Fri May 18 11:44:33 EDT 2001

Hi,
I've got a quick question regarding the company Shin Toho, formed by a crowd
of Toho's top directors and actors after a series of bitter strikes at the
bigger company.
Though Ian Galbraith's informative book whose name temporarily escapes me
mentions that the company turned its production towards more populist fare
towards the end of the 50s, I've noticed that some of the work of such
heavyweights as Kurosawa and Mizoguchi was produced by the studio. How
prolific was the output of this studio, and more specifically, what did this
output consist of?
Secondly, after putting the name of this company into google, I stumbled
across this link:
http://xxx.kuki.co.jp/shin-toho/HISTORY/index.html

I assume these companies are not in anyway related!?

Thanks,
Jasper Sharp