"Film quote" loses

A. M. Nornes amnornes
Fri Nov 9 08:56:50 EST 2001

I think we all really appreciate your updates on copyright law, Aaron, and
I'm wondering if---someday---you could write up some kind of summary of the
state of copyright law vs. actual practice for Japanese film. I'm often
asked about this, and frankly I'm completely befuttled by it all. It would
be nice to be able to refer  people to Kinema Club for a summary....I sense
that there are people asking for permissions for things that should actually
be in the public domain, and then getting hit up for big fees.

Markus