Floating Clouds by Naruse

Peter Larson vze2ny99 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 30 03:34:17 EST 2001

I have to interject here because i have heard this argument many times. By the logic presented in the previous response, we would assume that Japanese people cannot appreciate action movies? I hardly think this would be the case. Floating Clouds is one of the finest movies ever made and anyone who watches it will instantly appreciate it's mastery. Quality works will be recognized regardless of the culture and language of the viewer or of the the work itself. A good work will trancend the culture it comes from and speak to all peoples.