horrifying act in NYC

Pete Larson bulb at netway.com
Wed Sep 12 10:07:06 EDT 2001

Sure, this is tragic. Yes, I sympathize. But you can't forget that the
United States is in some way resposible for what happened. The U.S. has been
throwing it's weight around the world and finally someone has decided that
they have had enough. Whether they or right not is another matter but the
United States has to change the way it treats the rest of the world. It has
to view itself as a part of a global community and stop using the rest of
the world as a tool for it's own profit.

Each one of us here in the U.S. is in some way resposible for what has
happened. Every time I ride my bike down the street and am almost hit by an
SUV making a quarter mile commute to work I am reminded at the crass
behaviour of Americans and the indifference they have for the concerns of
the rest of the world and the environment.

Most Americans will probably NEVER think in those terms or ever think that
what their country does is patently WRONG.

I think that it is totally logical to think that someone would be angered
over the actions of the U.S. even to to the point of mass destruction.