And the Miike shall inherit the Earth

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp
Fri Sep 28 04:50:42 EDT 2001

And I just noticed on the back of the box for Tartan's VHS release of
AUDITION a "coming soon" addenda with the titles DEAD OR ALIVE, DEAD OR
ALIVE 2, CITY OF LOST SOULS, SHINJUKU TRIAD SOCIETY, LEY LINES, and RAINY
DOG slated for UK releases.
Hopefully they'll make it through the UK censors uncut - They've all got
subtitles, which in Britain's cultural climate is sufficient to qualify them
as art. BAISE-MOI only lost a couple of seconds, so I guess things are
looking fairly optimistic in the aftermath of James Ferman.

Jasper Sharp
Midnight Eye
www.midnighteye.com