Hama Maiku

Tom Mes china_crisis at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 07:28:42 EDT 2002

>If I'm not mistaken, the Aoyama Shinji episode of Hama Maiku aired on
>Japanese TV this Monday

The final episode of the series is currently in production, helmed by
British director Alex Cox. Although I understand Nagase and crew have been
keeping the name of the director of the final episode a secret, Cox himself
has been writing about his adventures in the Mike Hama camp for quite a few
weeks in his online diary on the website of the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/gateways/author/coxalex/index.shtml

Cox is actually the second British director to work on the series. Fashion
photographer Glen Luchford (who made his directorial debut last year with
Here To Where) directed the credit sequence.

Tom

Midnight Eye
http://www.midnighteye.com