Bad review

Aaron Gerow gerow at ynu.ac.jp
Fri Aug 9 04:31:25 EDT 2002

As manager of this list I must immediately apologize for mistakingly
sending a mail intended for one list member to the entire list. An
elementary mistake but one which is inexcusable for someone who is
supposed to be managing the list. I'd appreciate it if people just ignore
the mail.

However, the mail does include comments which might concern KineJapan
members since many participated in writing the book in question or have
read or supported the book in other ways. Seeing a bad review which I
consider to be very unreasonable was a bit shocking and, seeing it for
the first time, I promptly notified the other editor of the book. In
doing so I lightly speculated on who wrote the anonymous review, though,
as I wrote in the mail, it is ultimately a matter of little concern to
me. Still, I fear that someone may be offended by that remark--which was
never intended for public viewing--and if that is the case, I sincerely
apologize. I wholeheartedly welcome criticism of my work (although I
would appreciate it in a more reasoned, public manner which does not hurt
the other authors of the book) and I in no way want to single anyone out
on a personal level for recrimination. It was just a spell of curiosity.

Again, I am sincerely sorry for the mistake. Honto ni menboku nai....

Aaron Gerow
Yokohama National University
KineJapan list owner
For list commands: send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html