Iwauchi Katsumi/Suna no kaori

Stephen Cremin asianfilmlibrary at mac.com
Fri Feb 1 14:16:38 EST 2002

I thought Iwauchi Katsumi was a man, but happy to be proved wrong.  Born
in 1925, he directed thirteen films to my knowledge for Toho beginning
with LOVE ME! LOVE ME! (Aishite aishite) which was released in early
1963.  Probably most closely associated with the YOUNG GUY (Wakadaisho)
series starring Kayama Yuzo for which he directed at least half-a-dozen
episodes including CAMPUS A-GO-GO, he also shot THE TIGERS: HI! LONDON
starring Kishibe Ittoku and THE NIGHT OF THE SEAGULL (Suna no kaori) in
1968 starring Hama Mie.

Guess he's still alive ... somewhere.   Don't expect him to be
rediscovered at Rotterdam anytime soon.

Stephen