Hashimoto Chikara filmography

Stephen Cremin asianfilmlibrary
Sat Feb 2 11:58:39 EST 2002

This isn't supposed to be complete, just a list of films with official
English titles so you can look up directors, etc, yourself.  He seems to
have been a regular in Masumura films of the 1960s and popped up in more
than one Yusuda Kimiyoshi, Ikehiro Kazuo, Misumi Kenji film, etc.

1960 THE LAST BETRAYAL
1962 LIFE OF A WOMAN
1962 KILLER WHALE *
1963 DELINQUENTS OF THE PURE HEART
1964 LOVE AND GREED
1964 SUPER EXPRESS
1965 THE MYSTERIOUS SWORD OF KYOSHIRO
1966 MAJIN
1966 THE RETURN OF MAJIN
1966 MAJIN STRIKES BACK
1966 SCHOOL FOR SPIES
1967 A CERTAIN KILLER
1968 THE GHOSTLY TRAP
1968 DESTROY ALL PLANETS
1968 SPOOK WARFARE
1970 ODE TO A GANGSTER
1970 MASSEUR'S CURSE *
1971 ZATOICHI MEETS HIS EQUAL
1972 WANDERER JOKICHI: SPLIT TUSK
1972 RETURN OF THE SOLDER

* For these two films I don't have tapes to double-check kanji of which
Hashimoto starring in them, but I'm pretty sure it's Chikara.  Again,
bit parts so may not be listed in any other source you might find.

Many classic series titles here, including GAMERA, ZATOICHI, HEITAI
YAKUZA,NEMURI KYOSHIRO, etc.  I don't think any more than a bit player
with MAJIN probably coming the closest to a leading role.

Stephen