DVD News

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp
Sun Feb 3 01:21:05 EST 2002

>Takashi Miike - Visitor Q -- 3-20 (no mention of subtitles)
>
>Yoshimitsu Morita - Sorobanzuku 3-20 (no mention of subtitles)
>
>Mitsuhiro Mihara - Eri ni Kubittake -- 3-20 (no mention of subtitles)
>
>Ryuichi Hiroki - Tokyo Gomi Onna -- 3-20 (no mention of subtitles)
>
>Yoshitaro Nomura - Suna no Utsuwa  -- 2-21 (no mention of subtitles)
>
>Mitsuyuki Yakushiji - Bakumatsu Junjo-den -- 2-22 (no mention of subtitles)
>

>Other than the films by Miike and Yaguchi, none of these ring any bells.
>(Hisaishi I know only as a composer) Are there any hidden treasures here?

These final films are all part of the Love Cinema DV shot films that came
out about this time last year in Tokyo. I guess Akihito Shiota's?@GIPS will
also be coming out soon then, as it was part of the same series. Tokyo Gomi
Onna Ive championed regularly, with Tomie / Father ****er starlet Nakamura
Mami as the obsessive who rifles through the rubbish of the boy nextdoor.
Check out Midnight Eye reviews of GIPS, Tokyo Trash Baby and Visitor Q for
more details. The general consensus regarding the other films in the series
were that they were dross. However, it would be great to see a subbed
release of TTB.

Jasper Sharp

Midnight Eye
www.midnighteye.com