Kitano's Brother -- different versions?

Christian Bradford christian
Tue Feb 12 01:07:00 EST 2002

True.  I attended a promo screening of what turned out to be the uncut
version, and when I returned after the film's local debut to watch it with
some friends, the edited cut was shown instead.  The main difference is
that, in multiple scenes where someone is shot, the blood that would spatter
(or coat) the walls behind them has been CGI'd out.  Other gory scenes have
had the picture cropped to remove some of the offending details.  I found
the difference slight; the story and running time are unchanged.  The US DVD
release contains the edited version, so I would purchase an original
Japanese Region 2 disc for the unedited version, or perhaps a region-free
version from Hong Kong.

Christian Bradford