Rashomon DVD/Kurosawa retrospective

Don Brown the8thsamurai
Mon Jan 28 01:40:39 EST 2002

Speaking of DVDs, trawling through Amazon today I see that Criterion will
be releasing Rashomon on DVD, with commentary from Donald Richie, a video
intro from Robert Altman, a documentary on cinematographer Miyagawa Kazuo
and a bunch of other features.  I wonder how the transfer measures up to
the British Film Institute's Region 2 edition, which doesn't seem to have
all the extras?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00003CXC6/ref=d_hp_cs_4_24/102-1981558-7438506

Also, the BFI site has an feature on its Kurosawa retrospective, including
extracts from Donald Richie and Philip Kemp's article in Sight & Sound.
http://www.bfi.org.uk/features/kurosawa/index.html
Don Brown
http://www.geocities.com/the8thsamurai