proposal for a festival of contemporary japanese films.

Joao jsilva at contacto3.icep.pt
Wed Jul 3 12:18:00 EDT 2002

Hi all

After having spent some time lurking on this list, I've decided to approach you all with a question.

I imagine that you're all used to this kind of question, since it could be considered the "billion yen" question, but I need to have your opinion on this matter.

I'm preparing a proposal to organize a festival of contemporary japanese films, and I was wondering if you could share your impressions on the japanese feature films listed bellow.

The objective of this festival is solely to give a glimpse of the films (maximum 20) that were done in the last 4 years by young directors in Japan, and not some sort of competition with the purpose of exhibiting the best films of all. So if you find that the list is biased or that some other significant film was excluded please let me know.

Hope you can share your thoughts.

Joao

Canon on Tuesday/Kazama Shiori;
The happiness of the Katakuris/Takashi Miike;
A forest with no name/Shinji Aoyama;
Dark Water/Hideo Nakata;
A painful pair/Hisashi Saito;
Agitator/Takashi Miike;