KINEJAPAN digest 791

daaimah mubashshir daaimah
Thu Jul 18 13:32:12 EDT 2002

hello,

thank guys for welcoming me to the list serve.  I hope more ozu films show
up in film series as well.
to jerry:  My first Ozu film was Tokyo Story (it was on video or maybe DVD)
very soon after I saw An Autumn Afternoon which was his last film.  I then
saw a earlier one. His later films seemed more refined which is neither good
or bad. It seemed similar to chicken stock ... the more you cook it the more
concentrated it is.
I fell in love with Ozu upon watching Tokyo Story so I suggest stating with
that.

I'm not familiar with other japanese directors... any recommendations?

daaimah