Shinozaki, etc.

Mark H Nornes amnornes
Sun Jul 28 13:50:25 EDT 2002

I am stepping in here as co-owner of KineJapan. Aaron usually does this,
but he's on vacation this week.

We've got a very interesting discussion of Shinozaki going here, even with
the sharp tone of the last few messages. I'd like to remind everyone that
we have to keep things civil. KineJapan is not a moderated list, and we
like it that way. But it will take some self-moderating.

Another nice thing about KineJapan is that participants range from
students to professors to critics to distributors to fans. Naturally,
everyone will write in various styles and from various concerns. This is
not something to _tolerate_; it's something to enjoy, or even indulge in.

The Shinozaki thread has been very interesting. Michael, could you explain
your reference to *Hanako*? This is the Sato Makoto documentary, right?

Markus

A. M. Nornes
Co-owner, KineJapan & Kinema Club