Riichiro Manabe

Chuck Stephens cougar71 at well.com
Fri Jun 28 23:00:18 EDT 2002

Other than, say, the filmography one can get at IMDB, does anyone
here know much about the composer Riichiro Manabe? I've always
thought his score for Oshima's *The Sun's Burial" (Taiyo no hakaba)
was really beautiful, but only recently was reminded of it when
re-listening to the "Junk Theme" from Toshiaki Tsushima's score for
*Jingi no Hakaba*(on the Toei Jitsuroku collection) -- a similar mood
of pensivity,  koto gone flamenco, blood for cosmetics and the smell
of burning drugs. Seeing the diversity of stuff Manabe did -- a bunch
of Oshima's, as well as roman porno classic "Hana to Hebi* and
*Gojira tai Megaro*, both recorded the same year -- makes me want to
own a cd of his work. Is there one -- or are there many?

thanks
Chuck