SPIRITED AWAY release date - anyone know?

Davide Gualandi embrace
Wed Jun 26 11:01:44 EDT 2002

I think Spirited Away won't be out for a while... I've heard it'll be screened at the Toronto Film Festival (english dubbed version) in September and then released by Disney in late fall. Anyway, the japanese DVD is out on 19th July. Hope this infos are correct, I read about it a while ago, you can check http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/ to get more infos...

Davide
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jasper Sharp
  To: KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
  Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 4:05 PM
  Subject: SPIRITED AWAY release date - anyone know?

  Well, now the World Cup fever has died down (at least for the English and Japanese - though the curious site of teenagers sporting Beckham-styled mohicans seems to be a fairly regular occurrence at the moment, and one of my students recently asked me if the peroxide headed one is really as stupid as the Japanese press have been making out, to which the only reply was as emphatic "Yes"), I was wondering whatever happened to the US release of SPIRITED AWAY. I seem to recall Mark Schilling posting something to the effect of a May/June time release round about the time it picked up its Silver Bear at Berlin. Is this still the case?

  Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
  www.midnighteye.com