Fwd: Asian Cinema Studies CFP

Aaron Gerow gerow
Fri Mar 22 03:30:17 EST 2002

KineJapanners,

The Asian Cinema Studies Society will be having its biennial conference
in Jeonju, South Korea, on April 27-29, 2002. Because of the location of
the conference, the ACSS has been having a hard time getting paper
proposals (US and European members, who are in the majority in ACSS, are
not making the trip). That is why, even though the deadline for proposals
has passed, they are still willing to consider proposals if they are sent
promptly. I will be giving a paper, so I was hoping some KineJapan
members in Japan, Korea, or elsewhere in East Asia would be interested in
joining the conference.  As the CFP below says, the conference will be
taking place alongside the Jeonju Film Festival (which is holding a
symposium on war and cinema on the 29th, where I will also speak). This
is Golden Week in Japan, so many of you in Japan should be on vacation.

Those interested should contact John Lent about paper proposals and
Daiwon Hyun (edhyun at yahoo.com) about conference details and arrangements.

*********

ASIAN CINEMA STUDIES SOCIETY DEADLINE EXTENDED:

The 2002 ACSS conference will take place on April 27-29, 2002 in Jeonju,
South Korea. It will be held in connection with the Third Annual Jeonju
International Film Festival scheduled for April 26-May 3, 2002.

The conference theme for this year is: Global Markets, Local Tastes: The
Rapidly Changing Asian Cinemas

Other topics are also welcome.

A proposal including title and presenter's name should be sent to: John A.
Lent, 669 Ferne Blvd., Drexel Hill, PA 19026, USA, email:
jlent at astro.temple.edu

Conference participants will be guests of the Film Festival, entitled to
free screenings, symposia, and opening reception of April 26.

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
International Student Center
Yokohama National University