When Harry Met Sally, Tokyo style

Jasper Sharp jasper at midnighteye.com
Sun May 19 08:55:07 EDT 2002

Hi everyone.

I know I didn't imagine it, because I have the flyer here in front of me, but I found out today that a Japanese remake of Rob Reiner/Nora Ephron's ditzy romantic comedy from '89 is opening in Tokyo on July 26th, under the title of KOIBITO TACHI NO KOKAN (I may have read the last Kanji wrong and come up with my own slightly risqué play on words by accident - my dictionary is now giving me the cryptic definition of "between the legs" for KOKAN, though the kanji is different!). Anyone know anything about it? I remember being quite taken with the original film, in my younger less cynical days. I'd be interested to see what it gains or loses in the transformation.

Cheers,

Jasper

Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
www.midnighteye.com