Ozu question + New Ozu Book

Mark Nornes amnornes at umich.edu
Sun Aug 24 13:30:40 EDT 2003

There are some other events connected to the Ozu screenings in New
York. I don't have the details, and perhaps they aren't yet set in
stone. But Yoshida Kiju and Okada Mariko are going to be participating
in a seminar on Ozu at the New York Film Festival and I believe they
are also going to at screenings of their new film, Kagami no onnatachi,
at other venues like the Japan Society and NYU or Columbia.

For those of you in the midwest, you might consider the shorter trip to
Michigan. I'm bringing them to Ann Arbor from November 6 to 8. They
will be screening their film on Friday, and participating in a small
Ozu symposium on Saturday afternoon.

Yoshida will also be at a book signing party on Thursday afternoon. The
Center for Japanese Studies is publishing his book on Ozu, as
translated by Daisuke Miyao and Kyoko Hirano. It's a great book.
Everyone buy it!

I'll send further details on their appearances as time draws near.

Markus