2002 box office

Jordi Agud i Raquel Vila bcntkyo at aurora.ocn.ne.jp
Sat Feb 1 22:19:33 EST 2003

Dear all,

it may be a stupid question but I wonder what is the criteria for
classifying films into Japanese vs. foreign. If it has to do with the
funding capital of the film, I wonder where would (transnational) joint
productions fit in.
And what about Asian films? In my understanding, the kanji in the word
"youga" (the term used for foreign films) means Western rather than foreign
and, I am not so sure about it, but I think that in the videostore close to
my place Chinese films, for example, are classified under the "houga"
category.
I found a list of the films released in 2002 on the "Japanese Movie
Database" (www.jmdb.ne.jp) but the are 4 more than in the figures provided
by Eiren. Is there a way to find their list of 293 Japanese films?

Cheers,
Raquel Vila