self-introduction

Lorenzo Torres ltorresh at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 07:51:27 EST 2003

I saw "Dolls" some weeks ago and although I don't think it's Kitano's best
film, I'm interested in. For example, How about thoese shots where you could
see some kimonos hanging from a wood structure? In these case is seems quite
easy to understand its meaning in relation to the Bunraku, etc. But the most
surprising for me was to realize that may be Ozu had been using it with the
same purpose (predestination, etc.) in some similar kind of shots he used to
edit ... What do you think?

Lorenzo J. Torres
Ass. Professor in Communications
Universidad Carlos III