Self Introduction

John Sims yoroi
Wed Feb 19 23:20:34 EST 2003

Dear KineJapan listmembers,

My name is John Sims, and I am a Senior at UC Davis.  I've seen a fair
number of Japanese films in the past 15 years-many by Kurosawa, Juzo Itami,
Kobayashi, Ozu, etc. I'm currently taking a course on Japanese cinema, which
I am enjoying quite a bit.

I also have a few years of Nihongo under my belt, so watching Japanese films
is a good way for me to train my ear.

As far as Japanese film genres go, I enjoy crime dramas, 'artistic' films
such as 'Afterlife,' comedies, and the occasional well made jidai geki
(think 'Ame Agaru').

I'm looking forward to learning more about Japanese film via this list.
Yoroshiku onegai shimasu...