Self introduction and query (Japanese-Korean co-productions)

Jordi Agud i Raquel Vila bcntkyo at aurora.ocn.ne.jp
Wed Jan 8 09:42:17 EST 2003

Dear all KineJapan members,

I have been in this list for quite a long time but never got to introduce
myself, I apologize for that.
My name is Raquel Vila and I am from Barcelona, Spain. I have been living in
Tokyo for about 1 year
and a half and I am currently doing a master's course in Asian Studies at
the Faculty of Comparative
Culture of Sophia University. Nice to meet you all.

My interest is not so much cinema itself but its translation (dubbing,
subtitles, etc.).
Nevertheless my query this time has little to do with translation. For my
research I need any kind of information about Japanese-Korean co-produced
films and TV series.

I think it is a quite recent phenomenon and undoubtedly the World Cup had
something to do with it, but I would also like to hear your opinions.
I would like to know more about the cinematographic relations between Japan
and Korea. My list of co-produced films and series is rather small
(Friends, Sunebo, Seoul, Sonagi -Ameagari no satsui-), could you give me
other titles to add to the list?

Thank you very much indeed.

And Happy New Year to everybody,
RQL