box-office figures (was 'Introduction')

John Gorman macfugu
Mon Jul 14 14:07:45 EDT 2003

>First question: is there a reliable online source for
>annual box-office figures of domestic Japanese releases?
>Most of the data I've found is month-by-month.

Hi Jason,

Not sure if this has already failed you but you might begin with UniJapan's site:

http://www.unijapan.org

According to their site they were: 'established in 1957 under the patronage of the Japanese motion picture industry for the purpose of promoting exports of Japanese films and stimulating the Japanese film industry.'

I'd be interested if you found something better.

Best regards,

John Gorman