Sadao Yamanaka's "Kochiyama Soshun" (1936)

Michael E Kerpan Jr kerpan
Sun Jul 27 23:22:04 EDT 2003

On Sunday 27 July 2003 22:57, David Hopkins provided a summary of the film in
question

Your summary seems to match what I saw (and not the kabuki play summary).  One
thing that confused me was the fact that Setsuko simply drops off the face of
the film well before the ending.  And I couldn't quite figure who the one
survivor of the general slaughter at the end was (only one person seemed to
escape).

It was quite interesting, despite my not having much of a clue.

I wonder to what extent Yamanaka influenced Kurosawa?

Michael Kerpan
Boston