Osaka Elegy

Jonathan M. Hall jmhall at uchicago.edu
Sat Jun 21 20:04:23 EDT 2003

Dear Joanne, Sarah, and all,

I wonder if Joanne could help us by telling us what the screenplay does, in
fact, mention--this only if it is readily accessible to her.

I've often wondered about this.  There is a lustrous gleaming reflection in
that shot, which could be simply from the water--but which, I sometimes have
imagined, is a jewel or its absence.

Jonathan