Hara Kazuo

Mark Mays tetsuwan
Tue Jun 24 18:10:22 EDT 2003

I just finished viewing Hara Kazuo's "Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974." I found it rather facinating. I've a couple of questions about the film and Hara. In the copy I have, there were a few blurred freeze frames throughout the film. I'm wondering if that was in the original print or a problem with my copy. I'm also curious about what happened to Takeda Miyuki (his ex-lover and focus of the documentary) and her children, what happened to them in the ensuing years, if there are any interviews with Hara or Miyuki available on the web or in books in the US (even resources located in Japan can be obtained through proxy, haha, but . . .). Finally I'd like suggestions or recommendations on other films by Hara (aside from "Naked Army").

BTW, I highly recommend newer/new-ish members of the ML (like me) exploit the search function to its fullest, there are some interesting and edifying discussions that I've found in the archieves