Clarification: The 10 American and European films that have affected Japan the most.

John Gorman macfugu at mac.com
Tue Mar 11 21:07:33 EST 2003

By Western films I mean films from America and Europe.

Also I prefer to stay away from the well-trodden ground of the comparison/exchange of influence between Japanese and American/European films. Instead, I hope to focus the on influence of Western cinema upon Japanese culture in other areas, specifically regarding; democracy, women's roles and individualism.

Thanks much to John and Matthew for getting the ball rolling.

John