Re-introduction

Rayna Denison arxrld
Wed Mar 19 12:03:56 EST 2003

Hello to all again

I am a second year PhD student at the University of Nottingham's Institute of Film Studies, working on Japanese film.

At the moment I am interested in doing research into Japanese cinematic exhibition practice in the 1990s. If anyone can think of good resources for that I would much appreciate it.

I have also been working recently on the concept of the blockbuster in Japanese cinema, on the self-promotional practice of the Studio Ghibli and on Mononokehime more generally. I have also done work on Japanese cinema in America, including the marketing, reception and use of American stars in re-dubbing Japanese features. If any of these topics interest you, then I would very much like to talk to you more about them.

I look forward to learning more about Japanese film from this group, and hope that we can all work together to create better international understanding of Japanese film.

Yours truly

Rayna Denison