Dragonhead

Silvia Groniewicz LinaInverse
Tue May 20 01:51:13 EDT 2003

Hello,

Dragonhead is based on a 10-volume manga by Minetaro Mochizuki. The story in a nutshell: A school class is on their way home in the Shinkansen when they enter a tunnel and the world goes upside down. Only three of them survive the accident and only two of them get out of the tunnel only to find the world in ruins.

The travel towards Tokyo through the vast destruction seeing what it made to the survivors. Strange and cruel sects seem to have blossomed in the ruins and most of them aren't kind to travellers.

The facinating thing about the story is that until the end we are as clueless as the main character about what happened. It's a very dark story , exploring the darker sides of the human mind. I really suggest that you read it. It's available in Japanese and German as far as I know.

I've been looking forward to this movie since I first heard of it :)

Silvia