Anime on US cable TV

M xplar
Sat May 24 10:24:52 EDT 2003

Yes, you're right that the real world turning out *not* be real is the
twist that differentiates Tron from Matrix, but that is a  plot-point, a
detail within the story structure.  The form and overall arc of the two
are still the same.

The difference between what you are referring to and what I am is scope.
I cited other movies because The Matrix is a movie and not a book .To
try and give it some parameters, I decided to stay within film. You are
correct to say the Wachowski's borrowed directly from cyberpunk novels,
but outside the technical aspects of the genre, cyberpunk is just a
smaller compartment of Science Fiction which itself is a piece of the
total fantasy genre. Technically, The Matrix is just a rift on A
Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court, but its character archetypes
are pulled from other sources which would eventually leads us to
Classical Mythology.

http://shopnow.netscape.com/