The Persistence of Vision

Aaron Gerow gerow
Wed May 28 21:38:43 EDT 2003

To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Sydney Film Festival, a
symposium entitled "The Persistence of Vision: Fifty Years of the Sydney
Film Festival" will be held at the University of Sydney from June 3 to 4.
There will be keynote addresses by Adrian Martin, B. Ruby Rich and
myself, as well as many panels on the roles of film festivals in Asian
cinema, documentary and other fields.

The program is available at:

http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/departs/rihss/sff50.html

The Sydney Film Festival itself will be held from June 6 to 20. Japanese
films include Sabu's The Blessing Bell and classic works like The Face of
Another and Ikiru. The festival site is at:

http://www.sydneyfilmfestival.org/2003program/default.asp

I hope to see a few Australian KineJapan members down under. (It's my
first trip to Oz.)

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
International Student Center