Hikaru Hayashi

Jason Gray loaded_films at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Nov 2 10:25:39 EST 2003

Chuck,

Caught Kaneto Shindo's latest film "Fukurou" ("The Owl")
today at the Tokyo Film Festival, and wrote a bit about it
for the festival's daily newsletter. The score was by
Hikaru Hayashi, who is still alive. I don't know much
about him, but the music was very effective and quite
stark. He's done over a hundred film scores.

Shindo, who was there for a q&a session, is now 91 and
still making movies...amazing.

jg

 --- Chuck Stephens <cougar71 at well.com> からのメッセージ
: