English subbed screenings in Tokyo

mark schilling 0934611501 at jcom.home.ne.jp
Thu Nov 13 08:24:26 EST 2003

Jason, Jasper and Daniel commented on the problem of getting info about
screenings of subbed Japanese films in Tokyo.

I get occasionally get information about subbed films -- but don't always
run it in "The Japan Times," unfortunately.

A subbed print of "Zatoichi" played at Virgin Cinemas in Roppongi Hills --
but it came and went before I could get a notice in the paper.

The international version of "Bayside Shakedown 2" will open at the Miyukiza
and elsewhere on December 20. I'm not sure if all prints will be subbed --
I'll check with Toho.

Mark Schilling