Accomodation in Yamagata

Mark Nornes amnornes at umich.edu
Wed Oct 1 10:54:55 EDT 2003

The festival often takes over a particularly cheap, but pleasant,
ryokan for the week and converts it into "Asia House." I'd contact the
festival's Yamagata office directly (ask for Aiko) and see if you could
get into there. I'll warn you, however, that you probably won't sleep.
It's a lively place every night.

In general, I'm sure they can help you find something reasonable.

Markus